VP Digital Operations & eCommerce
Chris Vitale brings 15 years of eCommerce and retail experience to Pep Boys. He previously held the role of Director of I.T., eCommerce at Pep before moving into the Vice President of Digital Operations and eCommerce role. He has overseen the execution of projects in support of all online and eComm initiatives for pepboys.com and the company intranet. In recent years Pep has successfully implemented Pick-up in Store, Ship to Home, Mobile, a redesign of the online appointment flow, integrated with Marketplaces, refined the system architecture and infrastructure while driving significant double-digit, year over year growth. In his current role, his teams are responsible for the overall strategy, operations, performance and revenue of digital operations for www.pepboys.com.
Main Conference Day Three - Make More Money From Mobile
Amanda and Chris have been on a mobile journey this past year, and have been iterating (and reiterating) their mobile experience. They’ll take you on their journey, from how they started, to what they did, to their results. Take a thorough look at how mobile is changing at Pep Boys.
• Define the need: how to decide if you should build a site
• Decide on a path: Responsive, adaptive, translation layer
• Implement: Design, develop, deploy
• Test: how do you decide what to test?
• The Results: how did it work out?
• Continuous improvement: Ideate, test, and implement (rinse and repeat)
Main Conference Day One: Grow Your Business
Retailers are trying to identify ways to blur the lines between sales channels for consumers, by integrating digital initiatives into the in-store experience. In this interactive session, our heads of e-commerce discuss how to help customers find the products they are looking for, no matter the sales channel, and how to blur the lines between digital and in-store.
• Create an integration strategy
• Properly incentivize store associates to integrate digital experiences
• Define a great in-store experience
• Assist the customer in the store, using digital technologies? Using smart phones or tablets?