In his capacity as Vice President, Digital Media for the Boston Celtics, Peter Stringer (@peterstringer) is responsible for crafting the team’s digital marketing, social media, video and content strategy. He joined the team as Internet Operations Manager in November 2005.
Stringer launched and cultivated the Celtics’ digital and social media channels, building an audience of over 8.5 million ”Likes” on Facebook (currently the fourth-largest audience among North American professional sports teams) and over 1.7 million followers on Twitter. He oversees content development and strategy for Celtics.com, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and YouTube, as well as the Celtics’ mobile application.
Stringer regularly serves as an expert panelist at and presenter at digital marketing conferences around the United States as well as abroad. He also writes content for the team’s digital channels and fan magazine. A 1998 graduate of Boston University with a Bachelor’s degree in Print Journalism, Stringer currently resides in Boston, MA
Main Conference Day One
• Look at what else you can do besides request “shares”or “Likes”?
• Add social successfully into your loyalty program
• Look at your website to help integrate with your social channels
• Encourage customers to be more social with you on your website
• Influence behavior with your customers and within their social circles